24.2.14

Home Goods addiction and fabric wall treatment

Hi, my name is Victoria and I am a recovering Home Goods addict.  Really bad addiction.  Every Friday after dropping Bella off at gymnastic, Aurora and I do our weekly Home Goods walk through.  The problem is it is never just a walk through.  I have to, HAVE TO, come home with something.  Home Goods is like this beautiful vampire that mesmerize you into thinking you need anything and every thing in that store.  It sucks you dry but you keep going back for more.  I finally have to break up with Home Goods.  It was bad and messy and a lot of tears were shed but I did it.  But over the weekend my bff got me Home Goods gift card as my birthday present...oh yes, the big 3-0.  I look at that card like Smeagol from Lord of the Rings...with my little eyes popping out and chanting "my precious."  Anyway, this is what I came home with.


It actually is more blue than the pictures.






This is the real color.  Like it. Love it. So happy with it.



I love using scraps of fabric as wall treatment.  I think it makes the space more personal and goes well with my budget.





This is my pantry and I used old pillow cases on this one.  A little bit of Mod Podge and Voila!  


My grandmother gave me this little "kitchen island."  I painted it and used left over fabric to dress it up a bit.  I have the world smallest kitchen and it is very outdated.  I know it is going to be years until I can afford to renovate anything.  I have to say though, almost all of my crazy projects have been done in the kitchen...like the fridge and my vintage books wallpaper.




I have been trying to do a lot of little projects around the house.  I am in the process of redoing my bedroom and this is my inspiration.

via

 How gorgeous is this?  It is from Rachel Ashwell's  The Prairie in Round Top, Texas.  I can just imagine myself waking up every morning to this...sigh... I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Love,
Victoria

Linking up with:
http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com/
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/
http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/
http://www.creativelylivingblog.com/
http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
http://www.astrollthrulife.net/
http://shabbyartboutique.com/2014/02/shabbilicious-friday-link-party-37.html
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/

50 comments:

  1. Dear Victoria ~ I think your kitchen island is adorable with the fabric and the inspirational picture of Rachel Ashwells room will look beautiful when you are finished redoing your bedroom. Sure hope you follow me too
    Have a sweet day,
    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing at my party...nice birthday gift and I really like how you used the fabric on the door.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live your shabby chic style! Please come share on my Chic By You links party @ ChicByTab

    ReplyDelete
  4. All so very beautiful, Victoria! Love the fabric & paper touches ~ something I'd like to do once our cottage cupboards are finished.
    Have a happy one,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you'll be able to pull off that Rachel Ashwell look with your own special twist! I'll be looking forward to seeing your version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your style and project inspirations Victoria. Can't wait to see your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad I found your blog, everything is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Victoria, what a delightful post. I found you while looking through the many excellent features at Mod Vintage Life. I chuckled through your birthday gift card section, and appreciated what you did with fabric on your pantry door. Stop the presses, though, when I saw the refrigerator. I just saw that featured on another site -- and you're the fridge lady. Very nice job. Keep up the great work. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann Marie, you had me at the fridge lady! I love it! : )

      Delete
  9. So beautiful! I have a gate like this in my backyard and was going to make it into something. Fun to see a good idea for it! Thanks for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too broke up with Home goods and Target over a year ago... And I have to say that I am so happy I did even though it was difficult at first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Home Goods is dangerous for all of us! Last year my MIL took me there to look for my Bday present, I found a terrarium I loved but on a whim, we went next door to TJ Maxx and found it for $10 less! So now I always check there before buying:) Your home is lovely! Love your pillow case door:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really fascinating, You are an excessively professional blogger.
    I have joined your feed and sit up for searching for more of your great post.
    Additionally, I've shared your site in my social networks

    Here is my homepage public decorating Middlesbrough []

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just commented and it went away so I am trying again. I found you by way of a friend sending me a pin of your pantry door, which is beautiful by the way. My very favorite thing is the fridge! We are about to remodel our kitchen and if the appliance bid comes in too high I have considered painting my stainless steel ( hate stainless ) with Annie Sloan's Duck Egg Blue paint...maybe toned down a little with some white mixed in. I am wondering what you used. I am also fascinated and in love with the panels on the front. Are they frames? Did you just glue them on or how did you attach the decoration? Thanks so much for your answers, in advance. My email is cecedreams@gmail.com. CeCe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday! I like your Home Goods Gift.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your style! I have wanted to paper a wall with pages of a book and scrapbook papers, but never have. What did you use to adhere papers to the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heed help vall https://carmelappliance.repair/contact/

    ReplyDelete
  17. It’s really a good idea. Many days have passed I thought about the snowy tour. In this season I must go there. Living cost is also reasonable. Thanks for blogging.
    neck dystonia treatment

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blog points are great! Keep writing awesome content

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, superb weblog structure! The whole site is great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am satisfied with your great work. Keep on writing

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like this website. I appreciate the effort you made.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like learning new stuff. So, thankuou for this information of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. helpful information and facts. Lots of, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing such great knowledge with us.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic site. Lots of helpful information here.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Keep up the good work and thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You really amazed me with your writing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  29. the information is really very interesting and very easy to understand, I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Simply want to say your article is as astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for sharing this information, Keep on bloggingg!

    ReplyDelete