8.11.14

Garden Bridal Shower

So today was the day.  The Big Day.  Jess's Bridal Shower.  As I am writing this post, I am running on three hours of sleep.  As usual, I started preparing for the shower at eight o'clock the night before.  I was an absolute mess...completely my own fault since I do everything last minute.  As I was bossing around and yelling out random things, B said,  "You can't expect amazing things if you do things last minute."  I just looked at him and said, "Oh No, my friend, you don't know me at all."  It seemed it was the exact fuel I needed to get my butt moving and boy, it did.  I was up until three in the morning, glittering cups and utensils and pipping butter cream roses on cupcakes.  By the last cupcakes, I could no longer move my hand.  The end result?  It came out pretty amazing if I say so myself.  So Suck it, B.





Pink and gold were the colors for the shower.  One of the main things I really wanted was for all the ladies to feel extra special and pampered.  Of course that means walking around the party with a pink champagne in hand.  I hand brushed the gold glitter on champagne flutes.  It made the plastic flutes look more luxe.  B actually did the chalkboard signs.  He did an amazing job.



The first thing I thought about when Jess asked me to host her shower was the dessert table.  We both love desserts.  I wanted it to look like a flower garden.  I ordered the pastries from our local bakery.  They are out of this world amazing.  I baked the cupcakes.






One of my favorite thing to do is decorate cupcakes.  It is like sculpting with yummy butter cream.






Of course you can't have a party without amazing food.




I was half asleep painting gold on these little forks.  They came out so good.



How gorgeous is this cart?  I got it from Homegoods.  Obsessed!


Jess told me she didn't want to play any games during the shower.  So I had to find ways to entertain the guests.  Here is a little Polaroid station for the ladies to put on vintage hats and pose away.


The biggest hit of the party was my flower crowns station.  I can't believe I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it.  I put my vanity in the living room with buckets full of flower and let the ladies make their own flower crowns.  We all had so much fun!  Here is my good friend, Vennessa, loving her flower crown.



What a beautiful day for my beautiful friend.  I am truly grateful to have you in my life.  It was a day full of love and laughter and friends.  




Love,
Victoria


Linking up with:
http://www.frenchcountrycottage.net/
http://www.findingsilverpennies.com/
http://www.astrollthrulife.net/
http://www.frommyfrontporchtoyours.com/
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! What a lucky friend to have you, Victoria! The cupcakes are amazing and the plastic champagne glasses! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria, I wish we could be friends! Your style is amazing and just so fun! You should post a flower crown tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, remember strangers are just friends we haven't met yet. Thank you so much for your kind words. I will definitely be posting a flower crown tutorial soon.

      Delete
  3. Your friend has the most beautiful name in all the land. ;) And she is lucky to have such a wonderful friend that would work so hard to create such a gorgeous party for her. It looked like a flowered fairyland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful party! Your friend is so lucky! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow and wow again. A fairy tale just for Jessica. No one could have put a more beautiful party together for her than you, Victoria!!!
    xoxo,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, you are amazing, Victoria! Your stunning shower would make anyone feel very very special. I just love all of your attention to detail and the beauty you created for such a lovely party. I thought your cupcakes were other flowers among the roses...they're so pretty.
    If you lived closer I would certainly hire you to plan my parties!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really outdid yourself, Victoria! What a lovely shower you hosted...your friend is very lucky! Have you ever thought about event planning as a career? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice of you to host such a beautiful bridal shower for your friend. Everything looks so beautiful. Love the flower theme. Your flower cupcakes are so meticulously done. I think you could have a career in "Event Planning"!!!!!
    Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. Victoria,
    What a beautiful shower you gave for you friend. Loved all your sweet touches. What very unique and pretty ideas. I have to agree with the comments above Event Planner has your name written all over it. Just sayin!!!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Victoria!
    Oh my goodness, the pictures are breathtaking!! I know this may sound a little nutty, but I actually wondered yesterday how the shower was going! haha!! I'm so happy it was a wonderful success!
    I too, would be so grateful for a quick flower crown tutorial, as I have a little five year old ballerina, who I know would love to create one with me. :)
    Your blog is my absolute favorite design blog. Thank you for always sharing your amazing talents!
    Go to sleep girl! You earned it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Thank you, my friend. It really was an amazing day. I will do a flower crown tutorial soon. The girls have been asking me to make with them too.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous to the MAX Victoria-love the details and the pink and gold look beautiful! Lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darrielle. I am so happy with how it all came out. I stood by the dessert table most of the day.

      Delete
  12. Victoria,
    You created an enchanting bridal shower for Jessica. One that she will treasure in her most loved memories of a fairytale party. Everything looked amazing, food yummy, your cupcakes pretty.
    xx,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vera. It truly was magical. Of course the people and great conversations really make the party.

      Delete
  13. Wow Victoria!!! You did an absolutely amazing job! You should be a party planner! What a wonderful idea to add glitter to the plastic cups, I have to remember that for future use:) I'm sure your friend felt like a Queen! The food and all the sweets look delicious too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victoria. I am telling you as time consuming as it was to hand paint all the glitter on the plastic cups, they look so much better than before! As for being a party planner, I am sure I got like 10 gray hairs just from this one party.

      Delete
  14. just beautiful. And your dress? Magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathryn! That dress is like a dream to me. The girls and I fight over it.

      Delete
  15. It looks like it was absolutely gorgeous! The food - oh my goodness! How lovely! Thankyou for sharing!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had total faith in you pulling this shower off....total romance here, and looks like you had lots of fun.
    You looked amazing for someone who lacked sleep, and the frantic running around you had to do.
    The floral crowns were such a great idea to have everyone make there own. Your home and shower did not lack flowers or beauty.

    You could surely submit your photos to mingle, a magazine that host gatherings.

    You can surly be proud of yourself her, you amazing lady.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete